From Richard Dawkins.net second atheist blogger in one month murdered.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
From Richard Dawkins.net second atheist blogger in one month murdered.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Political violence in

Quote:
Political violence in recent months has claimed the lives of more than 100 people and left hundreds more injured.

But NOW it is serious, an atheist was murdered. Slaughter whoever you want in the name of government, but kill an atheist blogger and it is Jihadi Brian Fatwa time. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn you're better at this

Damn you're better at this than me. :/

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Quote:
Political violence in recent months has claimed the lives of more than 100 people and left hundreds more injured.

But NOW it is serious, an atheist was murdered. Slaughter whoever you want in the name of government, but kill an atheist blogger and it is Jihadi Brian Fatwa time. 

You are so fucking predictable. I post a story about a FELLOW human being being murdered for dissent, and because I advocate blasphemy to that fascism somehow I am equal to their behavior.

Your childish bullshit is the same reason you cannot understand why your dogmatism to "fuck you I got mine" econmics is on par an attitude to what lead to that atheist's death.

No "Fatwah" on my part. I have no desire to get into a physical war with anyone. 

I don't care if you murder a Muslim or a Christian or a Hindu because you don't like them. You DONT murder someone because they make bat shit crazy claims, OTHERWISE, you know you'd like to not deal with me, and I know I am not fond of your claims.

YOU FUCKING MORON, when Hitchens calls religion poison and I agree. IT IS ADDRESSING ANY dogmatism that gets to a political level that makes civility impossible.

I have NO interest in outlawing you expressing your dislike for me. Don't be a dumbass!

No one should be murdured for what they believe. It does not mean that religon gets a pass. And by virtue that you are attacking a fellow atheist also means that you are not giving a fellow atheist a pass. 

So what this ammounts to is that I point out the dangers of religion, and face you wtith where it can end up, you stupidly accuse me of being religious myself. 

My duty is to non violence, not never offending others. If we all got to silence others for offending each other, both you and I could think of reasons to do violent things to each other.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Again Brian makes shit up

^ Again Brian makes shit up to make himself feel better. Nowhere did Beyond state or imply that Brians actions were equivalent to murder. Beyond specifically pointed out that this murder is more important to Brian than the hundreds and thousands of other victims in the area. In effect, Beyond is saying that Brian is a douchebag who only cares about suffering when its an atheist who is suffering. Considering Brian's response, this is probably true on at least some level.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Quote:

You are so fucking predictable. I post a story about a FELLOW human being being murdered for dissent, and because I advocate blasphemy to that fascism somehow I am equal to their behavior.

Your childish bullshit is the same reason you cannot understand why your dogmatism to "fuck you I got mine" econmics is on par an attitude to what lead to that atheist's death.

No "Fatwah" on my part. I have no desire to get into a physical war with anyone. 

I don't care if you murder a Muslim or a Christian or a Hindu because you don't like them. You DONT murder someone because they make bat shit crazy claims, OTHERWISE, you know you'd like to not deal with me, and I know I am not fond of your claims.

YOU FUCKING MORON, when Hitchens calls religion poison and I agree. IT IS ADDRESSING ANY dogmatism that gets to a political level that makes civility impossible.

I have NO interest in outlawing you expressing your dislike for me. Don't be a dumbass!

No one should be murdured for what they believe. It does not mean that religon gets a pass. And by virtue that you are attacking a fellow atheist also means that you are not giving a fellow atheist a pass. 

So what this ammounts to is that I point out the dangers of religion, and face you wtith where it can end up, you stupidly accuse me of being religious myself. 

My duty is to non violence, not never offending others. If we all got to silence others for offending each other, both you and I could think of reasons to do violent things to each other.

Your 'duty' is to non violence? You don't have the first clue about the political situation in Bangladesh. You probably couldn't even find it on a map. You are certainly unaware of the various violent overthrows that have occurred over the last 40 years, you don't know the philosophy of the party in power, or of the philosophy behind those currently working to unseat it. You have completely ignored the violence over the last year.

You only say something about it when one of the people harmed is an atheist- you probably don't know that bloggers political views or the extent of his activism. Now suddenly it is a humanitarian crises. You haven't said shit over the last year about Myanmar, Nigeria, Congo. Meanwhile, you have actively supported US military actions in Syria, Libya and drone strikes. You have certainly been doing a miserable job at your 'duty'.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X