The Pope sez

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Pope sez

D Trump is being unchristian-like for wanting to put up a border fence betwix the US and Mexico. He didn't give any guidance as to whether or not Mexico is unchristian for requireing US floks ID's and permissions to cross Mexican borders. I think the Pope would exhibit proper christian values by letting 10,000 migrants inhabit the vatican until they found jobs, homes and benificial comforts of the Vatican, being the Vatican is considered it's own country. I wonder how long a migrant would be allowed to stay at the Vatican before they'd be thrown out on their chins.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion is always big on

Religion is always big on hypocrisy. The vatican has enough resources they could end poverty worldwide. But they'd rather be rich.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
what hypocrisy? such

what hypocrisy? such assumptions such assumptions
Catholic charities organizations have programs that provide disaster relief, shelter and feed homeless, have adoption centers. The Vatican donated $70 million to charities in 2012. The Vatican Bank, officially called the Institute for the Works of Religion, distributed its charitable funds among the Amazon Fund; the Pro-Orantibus Fund, which supports cloistered monasteries; the San Sergio Fund, which supports the Church in the former Soviet Union; and the Commission for Latin America, as well as other Catholic charities.
The United Methodist Church also offers disaster relief, community development (clean water, sewer, shelter, etc.). Southern Baptist Church has things like adoptions, sexual abuse prevention, free clothes, formula, non perishable goods, clean water filters to 3rd world countries, etc.
These are just a few example of many examples of modern day Christian Charity. What have atheists done in their name?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
If you want to take it a

If you want to take it a step further, what has Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, or Seth MacFarlane, worth $20 million, $135 million, and $150 million respectively, along with other rich atheists done for the hurting world? Also what data do you have to support the claim that the Vatican could end worldwide poverty?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JesusLovesYou wrote:what

JesusLovesYou wrote:
what hypocrisy? such assumptions such assumptions Catholic charities organizations have programs that provide disaster relief, shelter and feed homeless, have adoption centers. The Vatican donated $70 million to charities in 2012. The Vatican Bank, officially called the Institute for the Works of Religion, distributed its charitable funds among the Amazon Fund; the Pro-Orantibus Fund, which supports cloistered monasteries; the San Sergio Fund, which supports the Church in the former Soviet Union; and the Commission for Latin America, as well as other Catholic charities. The United Methodist Church also offers disaster relief, community development (clean water, sewer, shelter, etc.). Southern Baptist Church has things like adoptions, sexual abuse prevention, free clothes, formula, non perishable goods, clean water filters to 3rd world countries, etc. These are just a few example of many examples of modern day Christian Charity. What have atheists done in their name?

So? All the world's major religions set up charities to some degree. Providing charity does not make any god real. Our species ability to be compassionate or cruel is not in our clubs, it is our evolution.

http://freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Secular_charities

http://atheists.org/relief

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_secularist_organizations

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/atheist-charity-giving_n_1163925.html

http://www.seculardirectory.org/special/#Charitable

That's just a few. And Bill Gates who started Windows is an atheist and is extremely charitable. Mark Zuckerburg who founded facebook is also an atheist has said he will give away most of his wealth.

It is an utter myth that only one sect, or one religion owns a patent on charity and it is also an utter myth that you need to have a religion or believe in a god to be charitable. If you are a good person, it isn't your religion it is YOU.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:what

JesusLovesYou wrote:
what hypocrisy? such assumptions such assumptions

Only a delusional liar could say that.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Catholic charities organizations have programs that provide disaster relief, shelter and feed homeless, have adoption centers.

At a price. Convert and we'll help you. That is evil, not charity. An atheist charity has no strings attached. Atheist charity is infinitely superior.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The Vatican donated $70 million to charities in 2012.

Cheap assholes hoarding wealth. They have a LOT more money that they hold on to than they donate.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The Vatican Bank, officially called the Institute for the Works of Religion, distributed its charitable funds among the Amazon Fund; the Pro-Orantibus Fund, which supports cloistered monasteries; the San Sergio Fund, which supports the Church in the former Soviet Union; and the Commission for Latin America, as well as other Catholic charities.

LOL The vatican only donated to religion. In other words it donated to itself, not to charity.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
What have atheists done in their name?

Atheists don't donate in the name of atheism you hypocritical lying piece of shit. But when they donate, they actually donate to charities, not to atheist groups. Unlike all religions, which only donate to themselves, or at the cost of your soul.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ethics is doing what's right ?

Ethics is doing what's right ?

Quandary

Post Script --   Attributions to  VIAC0M M e d i a  Networks  for use of images  of the very cute popular character  from the MTV animated series (Above).

OFF-SITE :: I'm just sayin', I'd take the opportunity, to not go to Court, if I were you OFF- S i t e ((King James)).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Old Seer wrote:D Trump is

Old Seer wrote:

D Trump is being unchristian-like for wanting to put up a border fence betwix the US and Mexico. He didn't give any guidance as to whether or not Mexico is unchristian for requireing US floks ID's and permissions to cross Mexican borders. I think the Pope would exhibit proper christian values by letting 10,000 migrants inhabit the vatican until they found jobs, homes and benificial comforts of the Vatican, being the Vatican is considered it's own country. I wonder how long a migrant would be allowed to stay at the Vatican before they'd be thrown out on their chins.

I do not trust what the Pope or that institution says EVER. That institution started out in antiquity in a very tribal time, and simply replaced the abuse of the polytheistic Romans with their own abuse. It still takes them forever to catch up with modern times. Even today some sects of Catholics are just as right wing as the likes of Robertson. The Pope basically condoned the Hebdo attackers by saying "You shouldn't pick on religion because it is like picking on someone's mother". He has told gays  and Christians one thing in the west about acceptance , while telling Christians in Asia that they need to defend traditional marriage, on top of coddling homophobe and bigot Kim Davis.

The Pope is only legal ruler of his complex, outside that complex he is only the leader of people who chose to follow him. He can comment on our politics all he wants, but he has no legal say in our system. Trump on the other hand does, not because I like him, I think he is a xenophobic asshole, but unfortunately he lives here so the only thing I can do is raise my own voice to stop him.

Now again, it isn't that you can force any religion out of existence, but just like a volcano, while most of the time it is dormant, to ignore it is foolish.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should be good friends

You should be good friends then, considering noone can ever trust a single word you've ever said.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JesusLovesYou wrote:If you

JesusLovesYou wrote:
If you want to take it a step further, what has Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, or Seth MacFarlane, worth $20 million, $135 million, and $150 million respectively, along with other rich atheists done for the hurting world? Also what data do you have to support the claim that the Vatican could end worldwide poverty?

So you have personal knowledge of that those atheists don't give to charity at all?

Oh and see here is the thing, they aren't getting rich selling utopias that don't exist. Seth is an entertainer and has never passed anything off as fact except for COSMOS wich was a scientifically factual program. Those guys all value science and education and dont use superstition to sell it.

I think you have more to worry about with bullshit like Duck Dynasty and Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo dumbing down soceity.

FYI Bill Gates who founded Windows is huge on charity and so is Mark Zuckerburg founder of Facebook.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:You should be

Vastet wrote:
You should be good friends then, considering noone can ever trust a single word you've ever said.

Translation, "I am just pissed that you didn't blindly kiss my ass".

Buck it up brat.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Translation, "I am just pissed that you didn't blindly kiss my ass".

Buck it up brat.

Absolute fail. Try again!