In the news-JC

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
In the news-JC

In a church in Jerusalem was found what is being seen as the possible burial slab of JC. ?= what scientific means or process would one need to prove that. I wonder if the atomic stucture will be found to be different then normal.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wishful thinking is all this

Wishful thinking is all this is.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There is no evidence that

There is no evidence that character ever existed. The NT was written by several authors way after the fact and Josephis also was way after the fact. the NT is second hand hearsay in any case.

There certainly was a group of people who started a new religion sure, but there has never been such a thing FOR ANY RELIGION a prophet or magic man with super natural powers in any case. Finding someone's body would only mean you fould a body, it would not make a god real any more than finding the first Buddha's body would mean everyone should become Buddhist.

There is no such thing as a magic baby born without a second set of DNA and humans do not survive the death myth as the bible would have you believe. How about YOU consider that was then and humans in all of antiquity loved hero worship myths. It stil remains that our species is much older than any written relgion and on a 4 billion year old planet in a 13.8 billion year old universe.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Typical Brian doesn't even

Typical Brian doesn't even read the topic or pay attention to who wrote it. He just spews his standard bs all over the place.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Don't have to read it

Don't have to read it moron. Peter Pan mentions the REAL city of London but only an idiot would claim little boys can fly like that beause the book mentions a real city.

We can prove the existence of George Washington but no sane person would go around claiming  he could fart a full size Lamborghini out of his ass. Point is it does not matter if there was a man named Jesus who started Christianity, he still would have been a mere mortal and he would not have magic super powers nor would he have survived the death as implied by the bible. 

It still remains that the NT was written way after the fact in any case and even between the books of the NT not even the authors agree on his liniage our who witnessed what. It is an old book of myth like any other written by ignorant humans who liked the idea of having a super hero.

How much of Harry Potter do you have to read before you realize it is fiction. I have read the bible FYI and if someone wants to quote it I can google that verse in any case and pick it apart on science or conflicts with other verses or issues of the morality behind the story. 

Genisis alone is chalk full of scientific absurdities on top of putting the Characters Adam and Eve in the position of being innocent poker chips in a rigged bet they had no say in. But lets forget about men magically popping out of dirt, women magically popping from a man's rib, talking snakes talking donkeys talking bushes. Lets forget about the vile and immoral story of God murdering the Egyptian first born over a beef he has with an adult. Forgat the immoral story of the genocide of the flood story and the absurd claim of one family being left which would require incest to repopulate the planet. 

No sorry, the two most important stories to Christians are the magic baby birth which is bullshit, and the claim that somehow, after having all the blood drained out of his body to the point of death, that somehow he survived it. Sorry you don't like me cutting to the chase, but a comic book is still a comic book. He might as well be arguing for the existence of Superman.

There is ZERO evidence the character Jesus existed at all. The evidence points to the NT authors attaching a generic name widely used to an early movement. But even if we want to pretend a man by that name existed, they still would not be a oracl prophet with a tin foil hat ability to talk to his split personality himself sky hero.

HUMANS make gods in their image so if a man by that name were proven to have existed, he would have been a mere mortal who was a con artist or delusional himself. So the issue of his existence is irrelevant in any case. Nobody has proven even the nessesity of a god even before you get to the first word of that book in any case.

Sorry you don't like me cutting to the chase, but it is no different than someone try to convince you with mental gibberish that that lady in the box was really sawed in half. The morality of antiquity was barbaric, the fantasitic claims in that book are absurd. 

Yep, I cut to the chase, just like when I answer the phone and realize it is a telemarketer. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^So Brian actually can read

^So Brian actually can read when he puts his mind to it, but he cannot comprehend. And he still suffers from delusions of people saying things they never said, arguing against his own fictional dialogue.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah, we're talking about

ah, we're talking about farting lamborghinis again. haven't seen that one in awhile,

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
http://www.jesusishitler.net

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Snigger