2009 Darwin Award Nominee: James Looney

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
2009 Darwin Award Nominee: James Looney

Quote:
KSDK-- An Imperial man is dead after accidentally shooting himself in the head while teaching his girlfriend firearms safety.Sheriff Glenn Boyer said that on Friday, deputies responded to 4307 Rock Valley Court in Imperial for a shooting. Investigators found 40-year-old James Looney with a gunshot wound to the head.According to witnesses, Looney was demonstrating how to use the different safety mechanisms on several guns to his girlfriend. The witnesses said Looney would put the guns to his head, and before pulling the trigger, would ask her if she thought the gun would go off. With the first two guns, the safety mechanisms worked. The third gun fired.Looney was transported to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead the next morning.According to witnesses, Looney was going to take his girlfriend to the shooting range the next day, but insisted on the lesson on firearm safety the day before.Deputies believe alcohol was involved.
The last same seals the lulz.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.ksdk.com/news/loca

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=185501

Forgot the link. Too busy laughing I think.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tis for the good of the

Tis for the good of the species  But seriously what was he thinking?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I guess I have too much

I guess I have too much empathy for people.  I just feel bad for the girlfriend, what a crappy thing to experience.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
sounds to good to be a D.A

sounds to good to be a D.A ... i say his girlfriend killed him

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:sounds

The Doomed Soul wrote:

If the police suspected foul play they could have checked her hands and his hands for powder residue to see which one of them recently fired a gun. It bugs me in movies and TV shows when someone shoots another person and then puts the gun in the corpse's hand to make it look like a suicide. That would never work in real life thanks to quick and cheap powder residue tests.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Darwin Award Nominee

That story really makes one wonder about us Humans 

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:sounds

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Have you read very many of these?........ 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gun safety

It is the ultimate lesson in gun safety ~ he completed his teaching.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/