Ever Heard of the Great Depression of 1920?

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't hold much hope that

I don't hold much hope that the ill informed will bother to listen to the whole thing, but they really should. Damn Keynesians have taken over and remain faithful to their ideas despite mountains of evidence otherwise.....kind of like theists. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I don't

Beyond Saving wrote:

I don't hold much hope that the ill informed will bother to listen to the whole thing, but they really should. Damn Keynesians have taken over and remain faithful to their ideas despite mountains of evidence otherwise.....kind of like theists. 

and thats a damn shame, especially considering the site we are on

tom woods is great and i think he communicates his message wonderfully

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I have issues with youtube -

I have issues with youtube - summarize?

Or can I guess and say that it's something about the market and the economy eventually fixing itself if FDR had simply left stuff alone?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I have issues

jcgadfly wrote:

I have issues with youtube - summarize?

Or can I guess and say that it's something about the market and the economy eventually fixing itself if FDR had simply left stuff alone?

this pre-dated even hoover let alone FDR, this was a recession/depression in which the 1st year stats were worst than the great depression (the one you usually hear about), and i only give 1st year stats because..... well it was over in a year

and what did the govt do? nothing except cut spending and lower taxes, and this was before the Fed started open market operations (that started in 1922, this depression ended in 1921), the market did exactly what it was supposed to

but we never hear about this and tom woods makes some funny remarks about how economic historians have covered this, which is pretty much "yeah the economy recovered quickly, and yeah the govt didnt do anything but..... nothing to see here carry on"

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It is available in either

It is available in either mp3 or wmv format http://mises.org/media/3089 

There are also several other Thomas Woods speeches at http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=author&Id=424 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X