get it out of the way

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
get it out of the way

I was gone for the last three weeks for a heart attack. I am in better shape than I have any right to expect. There is nothing to talk about nor are any expressions of sympathy or whatever appropriate. I would have missed tormenting you folks but that is about it.

No bright lights, no nothing of interest, no great wisdom and a few very odd hallucinations which happened for medical cause.

END of discussion.

Thank you.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
The hallucinations may be interesting

In case they are like the ones believers attribute to the supernatural.

I may be naive, but heart attacks have always struck me as being a fairly good way to go. Sounds better than cancer anyway, so if one's genes and/or lifestyle choices make one prone to cancer, it may be a good idea to deliberately adopt a lifestyle that increases one's chances of having a heart attack.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, I for one hope you get

Well, I for one hope you get better regardless of how you feel about me hoping Smiling

Even though I don't always agree with your political views, I enjoy your posts.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good-oh

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I was gone for the last three weeks for a heart attack. I am in better shape than I have any right to expect. There is nothing to talk about nor are any expressions of sympathy or whatever appropriate. I would have missed tormenting you folks but that is about it.

No bright lights, no nothing of interest, no great wisdom and a few very odd hallucinations which happened for medical cause.

END of discussion.

Thank you.

Glad to hear the whole light at the end of the tunnel is a bunch of crap. Because I was rather worried about that.  

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
CABG or stent? My husband

CABG or stent?

My husband had double CABG (the nurses call it "cabbage", stands for coronary artery bypass graft) about a year and a half ago.  He says die and skip the surgery.  Obviously you didn't --- die that is.  Like the new avatar since I last logged on.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Atheistextremist wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

END of discussion.

Thank you.

Glad to hear the whole light at the end of the tunnel is a bunch of crap. Because I was rather worried about that.  

A year ago I got the idea seeing the light and sending you back was god playing catch and release with the soul. I still haven't found a believer to properly scandalize with the idea.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

cj wrote:

CABG or stent?

My husband had double CABG (the nurses call it "cabbage", stands for coronary artery bypass graft) about a year and a half ago.  He says die and skip the surgery.  Obviously you didn't --- die that is.  Like the new avatar since I last logged on.

I am saved from such surgery as 'there is nothing to work with' which is not the greatest of reasons. That is as in put a stent in what artery?

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

x wrote:

In case they are like the ones believers attribute to the supernatural.

I may be naive, but heart attacks have always struck me as being a fairly good way to go. Sounds better than cancer anyway, so if one's genes and/or lifestyle choices make one prone to cancer, it may be a good idea to deliberately adopt a lifestyle that increases one's chances of having a heart attack.

As a way to go I would have been conscious for about half an hour, could not breathe which was painful but I have had worse teeth abcesses. If I had died then and there not bad. But keep in mind you will never look back on the pain so it hardly matters. There is no, That was the worst pain in my life for absense of life.

www.ussliberty.org

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well even if you had seen

Well even if you had seen bright lights all that would be is a neuron dump into your visual cortex.

But, even with all our differences glad you got through it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Well even if you had seen bright lights all that would be is a neuron dump into your visual cortex.

But, even with all our differences glad you got through it.

But if I had seen a bright light I would give a rational report of it.

As to the neuron crap and all that is rather odd speculaton based upon what appears to be people telling an expected story rather than what they really experience.

I could tell you about a rather full fledged, much greater than a dream experience where rich middle types were flying to Tampa for special medical treatment on a 600mph plane that shuttled back and forth on weekends and a mess of things closely related to it. The internal consistency, duration, and related hallucinations go far beyond dreams. A few centuries ago some of it could have passed for revelation.

As to what is really happening with the light thing the first problem is collecting real data. Collecting only "light and love" stories while ignoring the clowns dancing around the OR is skewing the data. Any explanation has to deal with both the light and the clowns and the medical flights from the middle east equally.

There is a similar thing with dreams in ancient times. Only dreams with gods in them were taken as omens, something special, rather than treating all dreams equally.

BTW: I got the clowns story from a cardiac nurse back when the mythology of the light and tunnel were first starting so it is a legitimate example of a report. She was pointing it the light and tunnel was the first time she had heard of it and also the first non-ridiculous one.

Which brings up the question, can these things happen?

I once read an interview the Phil Dick where he observes he invented the "drug flashback" as a plot devide for The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. It does not appear anywhere until after his book was published. After that it is all over the literature. Phil Dick was always a cult following while the light and tunnel book was a best seller.

Bottom line is I think all the light and tunnel stories are urban legend.

www.ussliberty.org

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Mortality

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

x wrote:

As a way to go I would have been conscious for about half an hour, could not breathe which was painful but I have had worse teeth abcesses. If I had died then and there not bad. But keep in mind you will never look back on the pain so it hardly matters. There is no, That was the worst pain in my life for absense of life.

Well, I suppose it depends on how long the pain goes on for. Once dead, there is no pain to remember, but if that pain goes on for weeks, there are still those weeks to worry about. Half an hour sounds bearable.

Pain memory is curious in life too. No doubt everybody has lived through times of pain, toothache being a common example; but once it is sorted, one is back in the now and the pain is usually largely forgotten, until the next time.

cj's husband's opinion that cabbage is not worth it will possibly stick with me though.

I'm not sure what my point is, just musing and rambling. People's visits to unusual places are usually interesting.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

x wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

x wrote:

Well, I suppose it depends on how long the pain goes on for. Once dead, there is no pain to remember, but if that pain goes on for weeks, there are still those weeks to worry about. Half an hour sounds bearable.

Pain memory is curious in life too. No doubt everybody has lived through times of pain, toothache being a common example; but once it is sorted, one is back in the now and the pain is usually largely forgotten, until the next time.

cj's husband's opinion that cabbage is not worth it will possibly stick with me though.

I'm not sure what my point is, just musing and rambling. People's visits to unusual places are usually interesting.

It is only pain. Despite protestations to the contrary when there is no hope for recovery the patient or next of kin can authorize more morphine than necessary. Euthansia is very common.

www.ussliberty.org