The Unforgivable Sin!

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Unforgivable Sin!

Q. What is the unforgivable sin?

Luke 12:10 (see also Matthew 12:32 and Mark 3:29) says:

"And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." (NIV)

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to reject His grace. Not allowing the Holy Spirit to work in our lives is blasphemy: It is saying "I know more than God does about what is right for me" which takes away the principle which makes it possible to ask for forgiveness. This manifests itself in four ways: 1) despair concerning the possibility of salvation; 2) presumption of God's mercy and forgiveness; 3) denial of the truths of faith; and 4) final impenitence and refusal to turn to God. Sins against the Holy Spirit are the most grave because they reject the dignity of the One sent by the Father to sanctify us and restore us to full union with Him. Belief that if anyone fails to be open to the workings of the Holy Spirit in their lives, even once, automatically condemns them to Hell forever is not the teaching of this passage in Holy Scripture. This passage addresses the condition of the soul at the moment of death; prior to that moment, every person has the opportunity to turn to God, have their sins forgiven, and be welcomed home like the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32)

---Sorry folks, your unforgivable sin is forgivable! If at the last moment before you die, you change your mind, you will be forgiven. Never lose hope!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:nigelTheBold

sierra wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

Hey, by the way, Sierra:

What's your God think of gays?

I don't have anything at stake, as I'm not gay myself. But my boyfriend is, and he's kinda worried.

----God loves all people. Nigel, you know there is nothing we can ever do to change or stop God's unconditional love for us.

God loves us so much he created a hell to stash us all in...

Guess he just wanted us to hava a nice warm place.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just exactly how long have you been Catholic

sierra wrote:

"Woe to those who call  evil good, and good evil;who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;" (Isa 5:20  NKJ)

How long have you been a Catholic?

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

Sierra, let me ask you some questions in all seriousness, without mocking. Are you here to convert us to your religion, catholicism?

---Yes, its the only rational response based on all my posts.

Lead us to God, that is a belief in any God or just the Jesus based Abrahamic version of God?

---Jesus of course, but like I said before, those of good conscience who are Hindu, Buddhist, Moslem, Jewish, etc can be saved.

Would you ever seriously consider any of the points that people here bring up that logically and legitimately directly refute the claims you have made and continue to make?

---Yes, I have seriously considered them to the best of my ability. That said, I disagree that their has been any success whatsoever in refuting my claims or posts.  

What is your motivation for this?

---Learning and curiosity were two motivating factors in visiting here. Also, I also was sincerely interested in your objectivity regarding what to me is indisputable proof of God's existence. Point: Millions at Zeitun see the Virgin Mary moving around the rooftop of the Church in Zeitun over a 2 year period of time. People who do not believe see this event. Cameras see this event (therefore refuting mass hysteria) and broadcast it on television. Police are sent out to search the area and prove this event as a hoax...unsuccessfully! My conclusion: a reasonable person would agree that this and other phenemenon I have posted illustrate that there is a supernatural realm.

Thanks in advance for your response.

---Your welcome. Thank you for the question and your polite approach.

---

---Zeus,

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Renee

sierra wrote:

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Sierra

You should think of subscribing to the Gold package. Your support will show how much you care for all of our eternal souls.

May I also suggest you donate to keep our server up and running? That way you will be able to help us see and feel what you do regarding your god!

Thanks for caring AND thanks in advance for your support

---Renee, could not help but notice once again that you got it backwards. gold = g should be lower case

God=G should be upper case.

"Woe to those who call  evil good, and good evil;who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;" (Isa 5:20  NKJ)

Why capitalize it? It's not his proper name.

I tend to for convention's sake only. If I want to use a proper name, I'll call him Yahweh or El. You should check out the Canaanite deities you're worshipping.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:----God loves

sierra wrote:

----God loves all people. Nigel, you know there is nothing we can ever do to change or stop God's unconditional love for us.

So I take it that homosexuality is not a sin? That's good to know. Really. Not that I care about God, as I don't believe in Him; but I do care about what other people think. Not for myself, as I really don't have a boyfriend, and am quite happily married to a female. But to me, this is one of the primary irrationalities surrounding Christianity (and other religions) today. That, and the whole ID thing. Oh, and the belief that we just need to believe in God to make our lives happy, with the assumption that we're not happy. That, and the thought that all we need for us to change our belief is the idea that God loves us, and all the believer needs to do is talk on about the love of God, and suddenly we'll believe in Him.

I really am glad you are able to take comfort from your faith. From my point of view, it's sad that you need your faith for comfort; but just as I believe there's not enough love in the world (thank you, Don Henley), I also believe there's not enough comfort or hope. I'm not sure where false comfort and false hope fall in line, but at least it's something.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Fanas wrote: Do you realize

Fanas wrote: 

Do you realize that you haven't even shown that your God exists, but you are willing to scare people (you and all other Religionists that do this same thing) into believing YOUR belief.

----No, if you read my posts, you will see that I am not trying to scare anyone. I have stated simply what God is offering:  you have a choice to live with God in heavenly paradise(which is a far better deal than our finite minds could possibly fathom) or without God (which our finite minds can't comprehend what that is specifically). Someone here said when they were clinically dead, there was nothing, no light, no God etc...Yet for many other well documented cases, others have seen God when clinically dead, light, soul hovering over their body etc. Point: Perhaps since this poster did not believe, then they did not see anything. They deny God, He honors their free choice=nothing. Call it punishment, call it hell, call it whatever you want. It does not change the fact that you have free will, and get to choose. No fear mongering by me. Its a reasonable question to ask, after death, would you like paradise or no paradise? Many of you are saying no to paradise. All I am saying is that appears irrational to me.

YOU are trying to scare people. YOU are perpetuating the insane idea that other people have scared you with. YOU are trying to make people believe something you can't even show an iota of evidence for.

----I read a book in college called Evidence of God in an Expanding Universe. by Momsa? About 30-40 scientists get together and prove or state their beliefs from their field of expertise. Not bad.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
I didn't write that

I didn't write that Smiling

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: ---Sapient,

Sapient wrote:

---Sapient, our mortal minds are most certainly capable of misinterpreting scripture. Therefore, God sent His Holy Spirit to guide the Catholic Church to properly interpret scripture WITHOUT ERROR!

So shall I trust that you have intrepreted what God meant in His Holy Word or

would it be more reasonable to trust the Holy Spirit guiding the Church to properly interpret God's word.

Answer=Trust God, not mankind. Put not your trust in your own mind interpreting, you may and often do get it wrong.

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come . . .

Evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse,

deceiving [speaking lies easily and convincingly] and being deceived."

(2 Tim 3:1, 13)

Read that again...is that not what could be happening to you all here...that is being deceived?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Sapient

sierra wrote:

Sapient wrote:

---Sapient, our mortal minds are most certainly capable of misinterpreting scripture. Therefore, God sent His Holy Spirit to guide the Catholic Church to properly interpret scripture WITHOUT ERROR!

So shall I trust that you have intrepreted what God meant in His Holy Word or

would it be more reasonable to trust the Holy Spirit guiding the Church to properly interpret God's word.

Answer=Trust God, not mankind. Put not your trust in your own mind interpreting, you may and often do get it wrong.

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come . . .

Evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse,

deceiving [speaking lies easily and convincingly] and being deceived."

(2 Tim 3:1, 13)

Read that again...is that not what could be happening to you all here...that is being deceived?

There is just as distinct a possibility that you are also being deceived, isn't there?

Or are you depending upon the people who want to keep your money in their coffers (Sacred Tradition) to tell you you're right?

— George Carlin

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
jc wrote:

"There is just as distinct a possibility that you are also being deceived, isn't there?

Or are you depending upon the people who want to keep your money in their coffers (Sacred Tradition) to tell you you're right?"

---I am Depending on God, who by His own word said to obey His Church on faith and morals=logical, reasonable and rational action and response.

Depend on my own mind alone? No, that is the whole point I am trying to make. That is exactly where people get tripped up in their one thousand and one different interpretations of a single sentence or verse.

Trusting in God=No chance of being deceived.

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Louis Cypher-may God have

Louis Cypher-may God have mercy on you for your offensive remarks. Do not bother posting to me anymore. If I see your photo, I will be ignoring the post.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:"There is just

sierra wrote:

"There is just as distinct a possibility that you are also being deceived, isn't there?

Or are you depending upon the people who want to keep your money in their coffers (Sacred Tradition) to tell you you're right?"

---I am Depending on God, who by His own word said to obey His Church on faith and morals=logical, reasonable and rational action and response.

Depend on my own mind alone? No, that is the whole point I am trying to make. That is exactly where people get tripped up in their one thousand and one different interpretations of a single sentence or verse.

Unless, for example, Allah (fill in names of other gods here) is right...

— George Carlin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Awwww Someone doesn't wike

Awwww Someone doesn't wike when we make fun of their widdle gawd. And knock it off with the circular arguments. It makes us want to bang our heads against the wall. This is what you sound like:

"Of course The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real! It says so in the Gospel! Why shouldn't I believe it, it was written by men guided by his noodly appendage! Also I once ate spaghetti and the next day won the lottery. I also read a story on the internet about a guy who was late for work because he spilled pasta on his shirt - the building blew up before he got there - His Noodly Appendage was protecting him!"

Basically you are saying God is real because the Buybull says so, and you trust the Buybull because it says it's the word of God. Don't you get how stupid that sounds?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Awwww

MattShizzle wrote:

Awwww Someone doesn't wike when we make fun of their widdle gawd. And knock it off with the circular arguments. It makes us want to bang our heads against the wall. This is what you sound like:

"Of course The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real! It says so in the Gospel! Why shouldn't I believe it, it was written by men guided by his noodly appendage! Also I once ate spaghetti and the next day won the lottery. I also read a story on the internet about a guy who was late for work because he spilled pasta on his shirt - the building blew up before he got there - His Noodly Appendage was protecting him!"

Basically you are saying God is real because the Buybull says so, and you trust the Buybull because it says it's the word of God. Don't you get how stupid that sounds?

It's OK, Matt. He has Pope X or Saint Y to tell him he's right and his local priest to provide him comfort, take his money and for all I know bang his kids.

— George Carlin

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sierra

I don't think you are going to change your beliefs, but I do hope you can shed your God Delusions in time since you do genuinely seem to want to have a dialogue on the question of god's existence/Christianity as implementation of his will(although in a fairly one-sided manner). I just hope you know that your effort in conversion is basically a lost cause in this particular forum and if anything the constant refutations of your arguments might just start making sense during the time you have been exposing yourself to the rational inquiry of the atheists/skeptics/former christians etc. you are trying to convert. Good luck finding truth, because if you objectively search for it, you just might find it. 

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:"There is just

sierra wrote:

Don't forget the Church warns us that Satan is the ultimate trickster.

You can't be sure you aren't being deceived, good try though.

Vote for Democrats to save us all from the anti-American Republican party!

Please become a Patron of Brian Sapient

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:But I

Louis_Cypher wrote:

But I still want to know, do you think Mary had an orgasm?

Of course she had one. How do you think she came up with the name for her son?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote: ---I am

sierra wrote:

Obviously you don't always follow the doctrine of the Catholic Church. You have used quotes from the heretic KJV Bible, the heretic NKJV Bible, the reworked heretic KJV now called NIV Bible.

As a Catholic the only true word of God is found only in the Latin Vulgate or in the approved English translation of Douay-Rheims. None of your Bible quotes have been from it.

It's not too late though, you can go to confession and ask forgiveness for using the Bible of heretic protestants. It probably isn't a mortal sin, maybe only 10 Hail Mary's and 5 Our Father's.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Louis_Cypher

EXC wrote:

Louis_Cypher wrote:

But I still want to know, do you think Mary had an orgasm?

Of course she had one. How do you think she came up with the name for her son?

I want to know more - what about the foreplay? Did Mary go down on the Holy Spirit? Did the Holy Spirit eat her out? What about anal? If she had called out "Oh Fuck!!!!!!!" would Christian kids be taught the song "Oh Fuck loves the little children?" If she was on the rag at the time would Jesus resemble the Aztec gods? What if there had been twins? Was bondage involved? Since the Western Hemisphere hadn't been discovered yet, what (if anything) did they smoke after sex? Did Joseph kick the Holy Spirit's ass? Did the Holy Spirit ever call back? Why didn't she sue for child support? When she gave this explanation for why she was pregnant and not from him did he bitch-slap her? How do you know even if the rest of the story was true she was a virgin? She could have been a wild slut up to this point! If jesus=God=the Holy Spirit - the Holy spirit impregnated Mary and Mary is Jesus's mother, wouldn't that make Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit collectively - literally "Motherfuckers?"

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:What if

MattShizzle wrote:

What if there had been twins?

Maybe there were. Thomas also called Didymus (the twin) aka Judas Thomas is said to be the brother of Jesus. In Syraric traditions and some legends he is said to be the identical twin brother of Jesus. So that presents an interesting situation doesn't it. Who exactly was seen later after the alleged resurection. His bro Thomas no doubt.

Oral traditions promote the idea Jesus had an identical twin, though the Church denies it. If oral traditions are good enough for the rest of the doctrine, why not the twin bro.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Fanas

sierra wrote:

Fanas wrote: 

Do you realize that you haven't even shown that your God exists, but you are willing to scare people (you and all other Religionists that do this same thing) into believing YOUR belief.

----No, if you read my posts, you will see that I am not trying to scare anyone. I have stated simply what God is offering:  you have a choice to live with God in heavenly paradise(which is a far better deal than our finite minds could possibly fathom) or without God (which our finite minds can't comprehend what that is specifically). Someone here said when they were clinically dead, there was nothing, no light, no God etc...Yet for many other well documented cases, others have seen God when clinically dead, light, soul hovering over their body etc. Point: Perhaps since this poster did not believe, then they did not see anything. They deny God, He honors their free choice=nothing. Call it punishment, call it hell, call it whatever you want. It does not change the fact that you have free will, and get to choose. No fear mongering by me. Its a reasonable question to ask, after death, would you like paradise or no paradise? Many of you are saying no to paradise. All I am saying is that appears irrational to me.

YOU are trying to scare people. YOU are perpetuating the insane idea that other people have scared you with. YOU are trying to make people believe something you can't even show an iota of evidence for.

----I read a book in college called Evidence of God in an Expanding Universe. by Momsa? About 30-40 scientists get together and prove or state their beliefs from their field of expertise. Not bad.

1. This is exactly what I am talking about. You are asserting that you are speaking on behalf of your god by claiming that you know what he is offering: eternal bliss or eternal nothingness 9of course, in the Bible it is very clear what Hell is and it isn't Nothingness - you are either lying or you know that this doesn't work well and lighten it up - or you are a new prophet and feel you can change the message to suit your audience).

Yes, you are trying to scare people. Wake up. Your whole religion is based on fear: that Jesus will return any moment so you better be ready to be judged. Its an apocalyptic religion much like Jim Jones sold and other crazy nutbags.  You have bought in to the fear and can't help but spread the panic.

As for your scientists. Would you care to mention one of their stronger arguments?  I'm sure you don't just claim a scientist said it, so it must be true.  A book claimed something you want to believe so you think its wise.  Whether its the Bible or some other book, you can't seem to see that you are just trying to support your beliefs rather than analyze them.

BTW, i checked out the book. Its from 1958 - talk about ancient! It offers nothing new. The same fallacies that have always existed but written for people who can't think for themselves and see "scientist" and "evidence" in the liner notes and start telling people "scientists discovered god!" or some such nonsense.

There are only about 15 arguments for god and none of them work out. No matter how many silly anecdotes people tell, the arguments rest on the same fallacies. It sure doesn't help your case that you cite a book that's 50 years old.

Perhaps you are wishing we were back in those days when women stayed in the kitchen, gay bashing was the Xian thing to do and atheists were afraid of being called Pinko's?

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

sierra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Final thought and farewell from sierra

The vulgarity and profanity are too much. I'm done. I am surprised this so called intellectual sight allows such trash. Proves what side you are on=evil!

My final proof for those who have not already sold out their mind, hearts and souls:

The cellular phone. Fascinating device really. You can talk to virtually anyone,  anywhere, and it will be clear, their voice even recognizable. You can send text, data, photos through air. The creation of this device in and of itself proves the existence of God. (No, I am not going to say what you are thinking now, I know that argument already). How? The technology is certainly something we could not come up with on our own, within some sort of higher power. I look around me and see the wonders of humankind, and the more scientific, medical and technological discoveries we make, the more my faith increases. Divine intelligence, proven in the ingenuity of God' creation, the mind of mankind. There it is, right in front of us!

When was the last time you saw an ape invent anything remotely close to what I am speaking of?

Thank you to all who responded with at least some respect. I must admit, I have gained much from this experience...I hope you have too.

I will pray for you all, I promise. May God bless you and guide you.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Don't post the same thing to

Don't post the same thing to multiple threads, needle dick.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:  The

sierra wrote:

The cellular phone. Fascinating device really. You can talk to virtually anyone,  anywhere, and it will be clear, their voice even recognizable. You can send text, data, photos through air. The creation of this device in and of itself proves the existence of God. (No, I am not going to say what you are thinking now, I know that argument already). How? The technology is certainly something we could not come up with on our own, within some sort of higher power. I look around me and see the wonders of humankind, and the more scientific, medical and technological discoveries we make, the more my faith increases. Divine intelligence, proven in the ingenuity of God' creation, the mind of mankind. There it is, right in front of us!

When was the last time you saw an ape invent anything remotely close to what I am speaking of?

Actually I think I know a tech named Ape.

Had I only know you were impressed by such a simple thing as a cellphone. Is technology that mysterious to you that you see god in it? You should see some of the R & D meetings where that shit is developed, it means this forum look like sunday school for language.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Can CptPineapple bring the

Can CptPineapple bring the Waahmbulance? What a fucking pussy. Guess when his bullshit came nowhere close to convince us he gave up. His God is too much of a pussy to take us. Can I request he get a post-leaving "asshat" avatar?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Really is his bullshit about

Really is his bullshit about the cell phone any less stupid than the idiots who say Roswell must be real and involved actual aliens because no way humans came up with all the inventions from Bell Labs from the late 1940's-mid 1960's?

Seriously, when they finally start puting "asshat" in the dictionary Sierra's picture should be next to it. He was way too stupid to be on this site. Hopefully he really doesn't come back. His posts were so irrational as to be actually painful to read.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Really is

MattShizzle wrote:

Really is his bullshit about the cell phone any less stupid than the idiots who say Roswell must be real and involved actual aliens because no way humans came up with all the inventions from Bell Labs from the late 1940's-mid 1960's?

Seriously, when they finally start puting "asshat" in the dictionary Sierra's picture should be next to it. He was way too stupid to be on this site. Hopefully he really doesn't come back. His posts were so irrational as to be actually painful to read.

Absolutely! As an electrical engineer I learned the history and can trace how inventions of the 20th century each added additional knowledge. Since we all don't need to start from scratch to learn how to do things, thanks to accumulated knowledge, science and building on the ideas of others progress occurs. Is that showing fucking magic? Actually the tech joke when you can't figure something out is it is FM, fucking magic. Cellphones aren't FM. Neither are transistors and computers.

I just couldn't get the lack of knowledge on his own religion. If you don't know the rules of your religion, don't try to teach others your shit, cause you'll just look stupid.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Science is Love ,

Science is Love , Religion is Hate .... ying / yang ,  both are consciousness.

Buddhists say, stay focused on the "Middle" too , eastern wisdom .....

"We are 2 seconds into forever more" .... yeah okay, maybe I give us too much credit, hey, .... it's in my nature   

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:As

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:
As an electrical engineer I learned the history and can trace how inventions of the 20th century each added additional knowledge. Since we all don't need to start from scratch to learn how to do things, thanks to accumulated knowledge, science and building on the ideas of others progress occurs. Is that showing fucking magic? Actually the tech joke when you can't figure something out is it is FM, fucking magic. Cellphones aren't FM. Neither are transistors and computers.

I think we've found a new delusion: cellphone creationism. Humans created cellphones instantly, therefore God created humans instantly.

Man, it makes so much sense now!

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: I think

HisWillness wrote:

I think we've found a new delusion: cellphone creationism. Humans created cellphones instantly, therefore God created humans instantly.

On the 8th day man created the cellphone; God saw it and said, this is good.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sierra, you are an idiot

Sierra, you are an idiot or a fraud... or both.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

HisWillness wrote:

Matthew 27:46 - About the ninth hour Jesus texted and said, "My Gd Y hz U 4sakn me?"

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift

JillSwift wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

Matthew 27:46 - About the ninth hour Jesus texted and said, "My Gd Y hz U 4sakn me?"

I nominate this for Post of the Year.

I'll get the paperwork in as soon as I've cleaned up the coffee spill where it shot out of my nose.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Matthew

JillSwift wrote:

I second nigel's nomination. I think the expression "epic lulz" applies (but I'm not a native Intarnets speaker).

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:---Sapient, our

sierra wrote:

If this were the case, then why would the Church need to continue reviewing and evaluating its policies and interpretations? Could it not simply trust the Holy Spirit and get it right the first time, or at least within the first thousand years?

Was the Protestant Reformation a series of actions against the Holy Spirit? If not, then why did the Vatican not recognize their reforms? If so, then why did the Vatican institute many of them following the Vatican II Council?

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

shikko
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

HisWillness wrote:

And God called unto Adam, and said, "Can you hear me now?  Good!"

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

shikko
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Matthew

JillSwift wrote:

JillSwift FTW!

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:sierra

BMcD wrote:

sierra wrote:

If this were the case, then why would the Church need to continue reviewing and evaluating its policies and interpretations? Could it not simply trust the Holy Spirit and get it right the first time, or at least within the first thousand years?

Was the Protestant Reformation a series of actions against the Holy Spirit? If not, then why did the Vatican not recognize their reforms? If so, then why did the Vatican institute many of them following the Vatican II Council?

If the RCC's job is to interpret Scripture without error, there must be a verse that says "My priests shall go forth and screweth all the little children with impunity. If this is ever discovered by mere human authority, the Church shalt (after settling out of court) remove that priest from his leadership position and place him in another leadership position where no one knows who he is so that he canst have fresh meat"

— George Carlin