How can you live without Jesus?

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, you are not claiming

OK, you are not claiming copyright here.  Just on youtube.  I suppose that that is an improvement.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, you are not claiming copyright here.  Just on youtube.  I suppose that that is an improvement.

No lyrics posted here. No reason to copyright it.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
The claim made anywhere is

The claim made anywhere is the same legal action as it being made everywhere.  You cannot copyright something in one place and not others.  So the fact that you make the claim on youtube is identical with you having made a claim at all.  It is still fraudulent. 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
How Can I Live (Without Jesus)

How Can I Live (Without Jesus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W-CNS14pOQ

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9W-CNS14pOQ&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9W-CNS14pOQ&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
You're not even getting

You're not even getting positive comments from other Christians. You've also been asked to stop and since you contribute nothing of value this is considered spam. Spam is very impolite and if you want to convert anyone its better to be polite.

Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where's my fuckin' Rent?

Trust me, I wish I could, but the Son of a Bitch is signed onto the Lease.

It wouldn't be so bad if the bastard would actually pay rent but nooooooooo, gotta give it to 'the poor'. Yeah, I bet his WoW subscription has nothing to do with it.

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sinphanius wrote:Yeah, I bet

Sinphanius wrote:

Yeah, I bet his WoW subscription has nothing to do with it.

The idea of humanity's Lord and Saviour with a World of Warcraft account is absolutely magnificent. You know he'd be a huge cheater. I'm presuming he could come back to life all the time (this is from a WoW ignoramus -- do you get to come back to life?)

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
User is offlineOffline
The l33t Haxxor....isn't really

Damn strait he does, and Damn strait you can.  Or at least I'm assuming you can, he plays as a Priest (well, we already knew he wasn't very creative), and every MMO has some way for you to come back to life, I think.

The one or two I have played that were okay (and always free, not paying money for a time sink) had methods of coming back to life.

And I hate cleaning up after the pig, I swear if I have to pick up another half-drunk Dew Can or Pop-Tart box I will reenact the Crucifixion.

Never had this problem with Lou.

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

It is very easy to live without someone that has been dead for nearly 2000 years.

In fact, you kind of HAVE to live without him. Short of dragging an old corpse you have hidden out every now and then. 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Judas came out of the

Judas came out of the bathroom, his robe half-open. "Jesus, honey, could you help me with this?" He pointed down near his undone sash.

"Oh, for My sake." Jesus was tired of the constant sex, the half-assed innuendo, the late night drug-suffused orgies. Maybe not the orgies, he thought. "Take care of it yourself. There's nothing in My book about masturbation. Just don't lust after anyone while you do it."

Judas smiled. "That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it, my sweet love stick?"

Most of all, Jesus was tired of the pet names. They made his back teeth ache. "That's it," He said. "I'm leaving you."

Judas stood silent a moment, stunned and motionless. His head filled up with the sound of braying unicorns. Then even they fell silent. "Wha.. leaving me?"

"Yes." Jesus stood from the bed. His robe lay in a pile on the floor, where it had fallen when Judas had caressed His hair, stroked His shoulder, slid the robe across His olive skin. "Leaving you." He quickly donned the robe. Perversely, he noted the striking odor of sweat and sex. He thought, I'm going to have to wash this today.

"But where will you go?"

Jesus stood in the doorway. Beyond, in the sunshine, goats wandered the dusty streets, braying much like unicorns might. "John, maybe. He's always asking me to stay over with him." Jesus had seen John staring in the bathhouses. He was sure John would welcome Him with open arms. Open everything.

Judas sank to his knees. "But... how can I live without you?"

Outside, the goats were silent, struck dumb by the despair that still echoed among the dust-encrusted buildings. "You'll find a way." Jesus turned, walked through the door, out into the goats and sunshine.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Judas

nigelTheBold wrote:

Judas came out of the bathroom, his robe half-open. "Jesus, honey, could you help me with this?" He pointed down near his undone sash.

"Oh, for My sake." Jesus was tired of the constant sex, the half-assed innuendo, the late night drug-suffused orgies. Maybe not the orgies, he thought. "Take care of it yourself. There's nothing in My book about masturbation. Just don't lust after anyone while you do it."

Judas smiled. "That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it, my sweet love stick?"

Most of all, Jesus was tired of the pet names. They made his back teeth ache. "That's it," He said. "I'm leaving you."

Judas stood silent a moment, stunned and motionless. His head filled up with the sound of braying unicorns. Then even they fell silent. "Wha.. leaving me?"

"Yes." Jesus stood from the bed. His robe lay in a pile on the floor, where it had fallen when Judas had caressed His hair, stroked His shoulder, slid the robe across His olive skin. "Leaving you." He quickly donned the robe. Perversely, he noted the striking odor of sweat and sex. He thought, I'm going to have to wash this today.

"But where will you go?"

Jesus stood in the doorway. Beyond, in the sunshine, goats wandered the dusty streets, braying much like unicorns might. "John, maybe. He's always asking me to stay over with him." Jesus had seen John staring in the bathhouses. He was sure John would welcome Him with open arms. Open everything.

Outside, the goats were silent, struck dumb by the despair that still echoed among the dust-encrusted buildings. "You'll find a way." Jesus turned, walked through the door, out into the goats and sunshine.

God will forgive you if you repent.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:God will

stephen1969 wrote:

What's to forgive? What's to repent?

Is your god so thin-skinned that he takes umbrage at every silly, frivolous trite such as I posted? Is he a god that is dour and humorless? Is he a god that demands constant brown-nosing by uneducated sychophants?

If so, I have no desire to know your god. If god is the type to get upset at my stupid post, he's not a god I respect enough to desire his forgiveness. And I certainly don't repent: I thought it humorous and fairly well-written, if I do say so myself. Not my best, certainly, but I was toning it down for your sake.

Or, as Dennis Miller once put it, "My god thinks I'm pretty fuckin' funny. That's why he's my god."

Not that I have a god.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

What's to forgive? What's to repent?

Is your god so thin-skinned that he takes umbrage at every silly, frivolous trite such as I posted? Is he a god that is dour and humorless? Is he a god that demands constant brown-nosing by uneducated sychophants?

If so, I have no desire to know your god. If god is the type to get upset at my stupid post, he's not a god I respect enough to desire his forgiveness. And I certainly don't repent: I thought it humorous and fairly well-written, if I do say so myself. Not my best, certainly, but I was toning it down for your sake.

Or, as Dennis Miller once put it, "My god thinks I'm pretty fuckin' funny. That's why he's my god."

Not that I have a god.

I have no idea which god you are talking about. Perhaps you should be more clear on the matter.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:I have no

stephen1969 wrote:

I have no idea which god you are talking about. Perhaps you should be more clear on the matter.

For the first part, I was talking about the same god you suggested to whom I should repent. Unless you were being ironic.

But you bring up an interesting point. Perhaps you could be clear on which God you mean, assuming you weren't being all ironical and stuff.

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

For the first part, I was talking about the same god you suggested to whom I should repent. Unless you were being ironic.

But you bring up an interesting point. Perhaps you could be clear on which God you mean, assuming you weren't being all ironical and stuff.

Ah yes, there you go. You seemed to find my God. I mean the same God that you believe in, but deny. I wonder why Atheists spend so much time discussing God. It would appear that they would have far more better things to do than discuss something that they believe doesn't exist. Very ironic.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Ah yes,

stephen1969 wrote:
Ah yes, there you go. You seemed to find my God. I mean the same God that you believe in, but deny. I wonder why Atheists spend so much time discussing God. It would appear that they would have far more better things to do than discuss something that they believe doesn't exist. Very ironic.

Heh. I'm glad you know what I believe. And here I didn't believe in mind-reading and stuff. That's way cute the way some Christians think we must believe in god.

Besides, I don't believe in your god at all. I believe in the god that only allows atheists into heaven (as we're the only ones with whom he can have an intelligent conversation).

People spend a lot of time talking about Mister Spock, Jar-Jar Binks, and so on, without ever believing they actually exist. So I'm not sure I get your point.

As for why we talk about god so much: it's everywhere in society. You can't get away from it. From billboards and church signs to sections of the Sunday paper, to strangers on buses or knocking on your front door just as you get in the shower, god is mentioned a great deal. We don't talk about god so much as why other people believe so firmly in something that quite obviously does not exist. Considering the amount of time spent by believers in berating, perjoring, and otherwise insulting non-believers, I don't believe we spend an inordinate amount of time discussing god, no more than a pacifist spends talking about war, or Christians do talking about evolution, and so on.

What god do you believe in, exactly? Can you provide a clear, concise, coherent, and complete definition of this god? If so, I'd love to hear.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline

nigelTheBold wrote:

"But where will you go?"

Fabulousness. Thanks.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:Ah yes,

stephen1969 wrote:

I wonder why Atheists spend so much time discussing God. It would appear that they would have far more better things to do than discuss something that they believe doesn't exist. Very ironic.

What's ironic is that you would say something so self-incriminating especially since you are a Christian who is actively participating on an atheist forum.  I would assume that you had better things to do.  What motivates Christians to spend so much time confronting atheists on atheists forums ? 

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Is your

nigelTheBold wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:
Ah yes, there you go. You seemed to find my God.

Huh. I guess I did. Nailed it first try.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
 I am not very familiar

I am not very familiar with the rules yet, but isn't this guy just a troll?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Pretty much yes, he is

Pretty much yes, he is a troll. One that is fucking fun to feed just to see what he will pull next.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969

stephen1969 wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

Now now, we all know you don't really believe in your invisible friend, it just gets you free meals and booze on Sundays.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline

nigelTheBold wrote:

"But where will you go?"

This is made of win and dipped in awesome!

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft