The sacredness of essential Tinder hookups.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
The sacredness of essential Tinder hookups.

Our dictator, Dr. Fauci has decided that restaurants, bars, schools, and any non-food/pandemic healthcare business is far too risky and must be forced to be shut. But hookups on dating apps  where often body fluids are often exchaged with strangers are sacred and should be left to the individual to decide. Like the buses in Detroit or the subway in New York, these apps must never ever be shut down.

We are now moving into a permanent era where goverment can cotrol our movements, who we associate with, force mask and gloves, force immunizations. All in the name of public health. Why is sex and childbearing so fucking sacred? Why can't we force people to use Norplant and other birth control as a means to lessen population density? Can we stop all immigration from countries where religion discourages the use of birth control and women are forced to bear children with men that often rape them?

I'm just desperate to see if there is any rationality on this planet. Or we are destined to go from on Malthusian catastrophy to the next while we destroy the environment and remove all wilderness?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
why are you always bitching

why are you always bitching about "democrats" and the "left"? there's not a single fucking viable political party in the US, or a single fucking politician with an actual career--democrat, republican, independent, left, right, whatever--that is pushing your malthus bullshit. trump certainly isn't. he's not against immigration or having babies, he just doesn't like nonwhite or muslim immigrants and babies. and even then, i don't think he actually, in his heart, gives two fucking shits. he just wants the support of the people who don't like nonwhite or muslim immigrants and babies. trump would only actually care if muslims started having babies in the lobby of his country club.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Have you ever listened to

Have you ever listened to Thomas Sowell? He was a leftist/Marxist when he was young, then he became a great intellectual for libertarianism and conservatism. His conversion started when he went to work for a government agency and realized they don't at all serve the public. They serve themselves and only have the agency's interest in mind, they only put on the illusion of helping the poor.

He has a great quote: 

“The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.”

Talking about not enough resources(thanks to population pressures) is taboo. You can't get elected telling the obvious truth to the public. You must tell people they can have everything they want and unlimited population growth. Politics is exactly like religion, you don't get anywhere telling people the obvious facts of life. You can't say their is no benevolent provider in the sky or Washington D.C.  But the fact that the truth is riduculed now is irrelevent.

“All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”. Arthur Schopenhauer,  

Look at the far left/Marxist protesters that have created autonomous zones. Since they supposedly believe food, housing and healtcare are human rights, we should expect them to be working feverously to grow food, build housing and hospitals and train to take care of the sick. But instead, we just see these zones are gangster block parties. Just getting high on drugs, music and outrage.

Look at Marx and Engles. Did they ever work the soil for 12 hours a day? Work a contruction job or take care of sick people? Same with the leftist protesting now. They are not workers, they are activists. The only human right the left really believes in is the right to party and of course dump the bill on actual workers.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
that was one big non

that was one big non sequitur. if you want to say that marxist leaders have traditionally been middle-class intellectuals who never did any manual work, well, that's true of many and untrue of many others, but it has nothing to do with what you or i were talking about. my point was, your big shibboleth is always that overpopulation is the main problem of human existence. i contend that no politician with any kind of career, including donnie, pushes that narrative in the US--not the repubs, not the dems, not the tea party or any other libertarian that actually can get elected. i'm not talking about obscure thinkers, who publish monographs that, if they're lucky, will be read by a few hundred people.

so, my question still stands: when it comes to your malthusian ideas, why do you only gripe about "liberals" and "leftists," etc.? if anything, the right is MORE in favor of uninhibited procreation, certainly in the US and in europe. if anything, you should be praising the chinese communists for recognizing the problem and dealing with it outright.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:so, my question

iwbiek wrote:

so, my question still stands: when it comes to your malthusian ideas, why do you only gripe about "liberals" and "leftists," etc.? if anything, the right is MORE in favor of uninhibited procreation, certainly in the US and in europe. if anything, you should be praising the chinese communists for recognizing the problem and dealing with it outright. 

I agree the right is ridiculous in their belief that unlimited procration is their god's will and there is no problem with putting massive demands of a growing population on the environment. But theist don't visit here because they don't want to hear alternaive views, they are comfortable believing what the want to believe. Same as anyone commited to political philosophy, they can't change what they believe based upon facts or new ideas.

Malthus is not a political theory, like Darwinism he just tries to explain how the world actually works scientifically. So if there is a global pandemic or a mass migration of desperate poor from war, you can usually see overpopulation conditions as a root cause.  If you disagree please present scientific evidence to the contrary.

But the right does at least admit that unlimited immigration is a big problem. They won't admit the obvious fact that is really overpopulation and greedy land grabs in Latin America that is driving the migration. They will demonize all of the migrants as criminals. The insane left will invite uniimeted migration into cities with massive homeless and housing problem and not admit that this will cause massive problems until these cities decend into third world cesspools.

So, I don't have any use for either insane group. The left and right in the USA can go to war with each other, I learned from history that it is far better to be Switzerland than Poland.

I do point out that the Chineese are the only society that went from being a starving poor nation with very little infrastructure to a country with a large middle class in a short period of time thanks to mandatory birth control. It wasn't comunism, capitialism, liberalism or conservatism. But they did so by recognizing that too many people is a huge problem.